Tuesday, December 12

WME Dudley Reaches Its Century

Its always cause for a little celebration when one of the local WME galleries reaches the 100 photos landmark - Birmingham got there first, followed more recently by Wolverhampton. Well now I can add WME Dudley to that worthy list.

Having sat on 99 photos for a couple of weeks, a little update this morning did the trick and the 100 barrier was broken. The new additions are
  • On Dudley by Bus, 2 photos of the 636S at Quinton taken during the Langley Green Rog trip earlier this year (another example of me using more recent photos, and nice photos at that!) and;
  • 2 photos starting off a new Exploring Wollaston collection. Wollaston has featured prominently in the Rog outings, from eating chips at Wollaston Junction on our first outing, to staying at Rog's more recently - I'm getting to know the place as a home from home, so this collection has an extra resonance. Just a couple of pub photos to begin with, showing the Princess and the Waterloo - haven't actually been in either pub yet though!

From 99 to 103 photos in one fell swoop, and the gallery is starting to come along nicely. I must admit that the balance concerns me a little, with 49 bus photos dominating things, but there is a sprinkling of other stuff to spread the focus. Of course, breaking the century barrier doesn't mean that I rest on my laurels - far from it! Site development must continue, and I look forward to announcing further WME Dudley landmarks over the months to come - next stop 150...

No comments:

Post a Comment