Sunday, December 17

Extra Extra

After what seems like an absolute eternity, Exploration Extra has finally received an update. Yes, this almost forgotten section of WME has been the latest gallery to benefit from the release of some of my more recent photos...

There are 9 new additions this time out, with 6 on the Rail Rover collection and 3 on a new Devon Holiday collection, thus bringing the gallery total to 33 photos overall
  • The Rail Rover collection is starting to take shape nicely now, with 8 photos in total. Derby is quite well represented, especially with the arrival of bus photos for the Rainbow 4, The Red Arrow and The Mickleover services. The Rainbow 5 also resurfaces but this time at Beeston Bus Station (now there's a useful location for me to revisit on future Rover weeks), whilst Crewe also makes an appearance with the No. 16 bus and a view of the frontage to the railway station. All the above were taken in March 2006, definitely more recent than most of the photos I've been dealing with of late - great to get the newer stuff out there!
  • Things get even more up to date on the new Devon Holiday collection, with photos from my Dawlish holiday back in June. For starters we have a look at the 79 bus at Newton Abbot, but the star attractions as far as I'm concerned just have to be the photos of the 85 and 85A at Dawlish. Showcasing fabulous routes that were the bedrock of my holiday explorations, I can think of no better way to kickstart this new segment of the site.

It is fair to say that some of my galleries do get neglected, with updates concentrating primarily on Wolverhampton, Birmingham and Dudley, so this was a solid step in the other direction. Not only that, the update presents some of my favourite memories from my more recent explorations, proving that good things do happen when I occasionally manage to step foot outside of the West Midlands.

No comments:

Post a Comment