Tuesday, December 5

A sprinkling of updates

A little bit of fairy dust has descended to kickstart the festive season with a handful of updates...
  • On WME Dudley last week there were a couple of additions - a view of Stourbridge Bus Station on Stops & Stations, and a photo of the 545 at Sedgley on Dudley by Bus. Nice extra additions from my recent archive plunderings
  • A two-fold update on WME Walsall; last week I added three canal shots to the Wyrley & Essington collection in the form of two views of Sneyd Junction and a shot of Wall End Bridge. Useful development of an important canal collection, Sneyd Junction is a particularly significant location for me so I'm glad its now included.
    This was followed up today with two additions to Walsall by Bus - the 529 at Willenhall and the 333 at Bradford Place. Useful photos, again from my recent plunderings.
  • To WME Staffordshire, and only one new photo but a goody nonetheless. The 991 at Lichfield joins Staffordshire by Bus - this photo had been sitting in Staffstest for ages crying out for full inclusion, and I couldn't deny it any longer. One of my favourites amongst my early bus photos, reminding me of a special outing I made over three years ago, doesn't time fly!
  • And finally, WME Sandwell - a gallery that has suffered from lack of attention recently, so by way of apology I offer one addition to Stops & Stations (a useful transition photo documenting the rebuilding of Bearwood Bus Station) and two additions to Rowley Regis Station (a platform view and a corridor view - not that exciting I must admit, but helpful in providing a more complete picture of the station)

And whilst the updates creak back into gear, I can also report back on an outing with Rog and Woody last Saturday, venturing into Worcestershire to visit Kidderminster, Evesham and Droitwich amongst others. I have to say I really enjoyed it, it was great to have a look around Evesham although I was disappointed not to get any bus photos - did visit the garage though, a bonus considering its due for demolition. Droitwich in the dark was fun too, but the highlight for me was taking photos of Kidderminster Town SVR station in the dark and with all the Christmas decorations out, a magical moment when I seemed to have the station all to myself. Obviously it will be a good while yet before the photos emerge onto WME, but they might just be worth waiting for!

No comments:

Post a Comment