Friday, January 26

A little WME Wolverhampton update

ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY! No, I haven't taken up darts (although I might be tempted!) - the 180 refers instead to the number of photos on the ever expanding WME Wolverhampton gallery. The latest little update sees the arrival of more useful new additions...
  • On Wolverhampton Station, I've added a photo of the Wednesfield Road entrance to the station. I quite like the picture, although it is a little complicated trying to describe the station site with all its passages and subways and the High and Low Levels, still I tried my best. The collection is coming along nicely, with a total of 12 photos including shots of the station entrance, some general station views and a handful of trains. Whilst being far from exhaustive, the collection is now doing what I intended by providing a useful impression of the station scene.
  • The rest of the new photos are on Wolverhampton by Bus, and they're all pictures of the 534 at Wolverhampton - a bit monotonous I know, but I went a bit mad on Choice Travel back in 2005, ending up with a whole host of photos of their vehicles on layover at the bus station. Five of these pictures have been added today, although goodness knows how many more might be lurking in the vaults waiting to be unearthed! I must admit I quite like the idea of focusing on a route and building up a series of pictures of it, so we'll probably see more and more of this kind of thing as WME continues to grow. The net result is that Wolverhampton by Bus now contains a healthy 38 photos and the other operators (ie - not TWM) quota is boosted a little too.

I had planned to do a big update today, but for some reason (trauma from another England cricket humiliation perhaps?) I just don't feel like it. This lack of motivation seems a bit strange considering that I've got some exciting new May & June 2005 photos on WME1 waiting to be included, so there are plenty of potential updates in store. Yet somehow, I can't quite be bothered, so you'll have to make do with a few 534s for the time being!

No comments:

Post a Comment