Thursday, July 7

WME Flickr Focus: June 2011

Half way through another year already and these monthly digests seem to be rolling around at a hectic rate of knots. Steady progress was the name of the game for June as I continued the long process of resuscitating the WME archive in its new home. Here comes the number crunching...
  • 82 photos were reinstated in June, bringing my Flickr running total to 413. Useful then but there's still a long way to go to reach the 2359 I had on Fotopic, and that's before I even think about adding new stuff into the mix.
  • Of those 82, 55 have nestled into WME Wolverhampton bringing my score there to 281 out of a target of 435. A good chunk of my Wolverhampton photos are now back online which is pleasing, and within that some of the sets are getting their substance back, examples being Bilston (16 shots), Heath Town (8 photos) and Tettenhall (10 photos).
  • WME Walsall received 23 photos in June meaning I've now got 125 of the original 208 shots back in place. Bloxwich and Streetly have come to the fore recently and many of my canal views around Pelsall Junction have resurfaced. There is still work to do with both Wolverhampton and Walsall but I am getting there and will keep chipping away at it.
  • WME Birmingham hasn't really got going yet but there were a token 4 additions making their presence felt last month - the 27 bus at Kings Heath and 3 photos of Sheldon. This did at least freshen up the front page of my photostream as most of the other content I added tended to get hidden away in the background.
  • Behind the scenes I have now completed uploading all of my Birmingham archive, so these will gradually be released once dates and commentaries have been applied. I have also brought through some of my Dudley bus photos and hope to squeak a couple of these through in July.
That brings you up to date then with what I've done and what I hope to do next. It is becoming clear that getting everything back to the Fotopic levels is going to be a long haul so please bear with me, hopefully it will all be worth it and my photographic record of the West Midlands region will be back for everyone to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment