Sunday, October 3

A Century for WME Solihull

Gallery landmarks are very rare events in these days of update austerity, but at long last there is finally a new milestone to celebrate...

Friday just gone (1st October) and the weather was abysmal, so any plans for trips and photography had to be put on hold. Instead it was over to the back-up plan and some site updates, bringing me to WME Solihull. Perched precariously on 98 photos, I was able to strategically breach the 100-photo mark with an orchestrated offensive known as the new Exploring Solihull collection.

It's a strange anomaly that for all of my local galleries, I seldom have collections representing the town centres of the places concerned. Wolverhampton, Walsall, Dudley, Coventry - I've got photos from the districts and the suburbs but nothing as yet to show for the centres themselves. Solihull has therefore bucked that trend with a fledgling collection containing two basic views of the Masons Arms. As ever, it's only a start but I have made a mental note to get snapping the hearts as well as the extremities in future.

So, 100 photos for WME Solihull and that century has been a long time coming, especially when you consider that I reported the 50 here on the blog back in March 2007. Solihull remains one of my lesser galleries but is gradually developing into something of substance, reflecting the slow process of accumulation that is occurring across WME as a whole. There's still a lot of work to do, but perhaps the next site landmark might not be so far away...

No comments:

Post a Comment