Friday, December 24

WME Flickr Focus - December 2021

Season's Greetings one and all! As the West Midlands Exploration photostream prepares to shut up shop for the Christmas holidays, I'll pause for breath before the festivities and bring you up to date with the latest WME arrivals. In true Sesame Street style, this month has mainly been devoted to the letter 'C'...

Yes we've finally got beyond our 'B' fixation and for sheer weight of numbers December's digest has to begin with WME Wolverhampton. I can't pretend to have released the most exciting batch of new additions though, as I've been unpicking my archives from the height of lockdown when any camera activity was restricted to my immediate local area. This is why Castlecroft and Compton both contribute several street signs (in Compton's case I developed a distinct taste for cul-de-sacs at one point) but there are potentially interesting excerpts from Chillington Wharf, the Castlecroft Gardens conservation area and Chapel Ash plus pub snippets involving the Clarendon Hotel and the Claregate. 

Away from Wolverhampton I am able to report tentative progress from WME Birmingham which did smuggle out a lingering 'B' or two from the Jewellery Quarter (namely the Button Factory with its wall of plants). The derelict Belmont Row Works on Eastside make an apologetic appearance - the whole site is now subject to restoration and redevelopment - while an evening entry for the Calthorpe Arms between Perry Barr and Handsworth Wood is similarly very welcome. 

What else is there to mention? In truth the remainder of my galleries have barely batted an eyelid this month, preferring to indulge in some winter slumbers. WME Sandwell eked out shots of Causeway Green Post Office and the former Dudley Arms pub at Cape Hill whereas WME Walsall pocketed itself a map of The Chuckery. Cannock contributed a Royal Oak pub sign over on WME Staffordshire which just leaves us with WME Telford's Coalport pointer from the Silkin Way leisure footpath. Totting up the numbers across the entire year, I reckon that brings me to exactly 600 photos I've published to the photostream in 2021 - not a bad effort at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment