Sunday, April 26

Blooming Typical!

Recent evidence would certainly suggest that Mother Nature has a cruel sense of humour, especially given how the lockdown period has coincided with day after day of glorious sunshine. Spring has well and truly sprung, and in normal circumstances I'd definitely have been out and about taking plenty of pictures. Social distancing means my photography has become more sporadic of late but I have enjoyed capturing some of the beautiful blossoms on show around Finchfield, Bradmore and Merry Hill...

- Bhylls Acre Blossom -
Force of habit means I still take my camera with me most times when I leave the house, even though I might only attempt one or two snaps per walk. Among that handful a few Wednesdays ago was this parade of pinkness outside Bhylls Acre Primary School.

- Coppice Road -
I've gradually pieced together a selection of short circular walks that take me about 45 minutes to an hour to complete, giving me a welcome break from my home working schedule. Coppice Road often features if I'm heading back from Trysull Road or Merry Hill.


- Cranford Road -
It's been great to witness the wonders of springtime appearing before my very eyes and nowhere was this more apparent than on Cranford Road - the street looked utterly spectacular with a magical mixture of cherry and apple shades adding fragrance and colour.


- Woodland Crescent -
I've really relished checking out some corners of suburbia I wouldn't usually get to see, including half-hidden alleyways and cul-de-sac curiosities. Woodland Crescent would be one of the latter, branching off from Woodland Road. 

- Oxbarn Avenue -
Barely a cloud in the sky for this example taken a couple of Sundays back. Oxbarn Avenue has a pretty sequence of blossom trees stretching from Critchley Hardware to the Coalway Road roundabout. 


- Brantley Avenue -
The blossoms are starting to wane now so I'm glad I saw them at their best. I'll close with this riot of petals as spotted off Brantley Avenue where a green patch faces towards Finchfield Library. Hopefully May will be bring more botanical delights for me to savour, and in the meantime please stay safe and look after yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment