Tuesday, November 1

WME Flickr Focus: October 2011

Time drifts relentlessly on as I find myself assessing October's contribution to the WME cause, whereby exactly 50 photos were released onto my Flickr photostream. Let's see what that half century of images had in store for us...

As with September my primary focus was on building up my Second City selections as Birmingham took most of the limelight. Re-emerging this time were the likes of Acocks Green Station, Cannon Hill Park and a bit more content from Bartley Green (including a few bus shots). My Brum collection now spans 29 sets and is now starting to take some of the shape that the old Fotopic gallery had - as ever though there is always a long way to go.

Elsewhere, Dudley was next in line for a bit of attention as I added a very slight but much-needed dose of flesh to the initial bare bones that had poked through thus far. WME Dudley therefore now comprises 11 sets and 22 photos - still borderline skeletal it has to be said but Brierley Hill, Oldswinford, Coseley Station and Sedgley at least gives me something to work with.

If Dudley is a toddler trying to find its feet then Sandwell and Coventry have only just made it out of the womb. Great Bridge (the Limerick pub as was) and Princes End (the shopping precinct and the former Lagoon) gives Sandwell 4 starter pictures, whilst Coventry is off the mark with a solitary shot of a Tile Hill flower shop. This is all rather embryonic at the moment and will require some nurturing and parenting skills as I try to manage my expanding brood. Birmingham, Dudley, Sandwell and Coventry should all be receiving some affection heading into November whilst behind the scenes Solihull and Staffordshire are aiming to become the next additions to the family...

No comments:

Post a Comment