Tuesday, September 23

More Milestone Musings

WME gallery landmarks seem to be much like buses - nothing for ages, then two come together. So it transpires that, hot on the heels of WME Birmingham's 250 photo celebrations, I find myself now congratulating WME Sandwell on reaching the not-insignificant landmark of 150 photos.

This turn of events has been brought about by a smattering of new additions. Exploring Black Patch marks the inclusion of an intriguing corner of Smethwick notable for Black Patch Park and the Soho Foundry, with my photos predictably focusing on the park. Elsewhere, Hamstead Village terminus is now represented on Sandwell by Bus as both the 425 and the 654 routes make an appearance, and there's another Smethwick Junction shot on the Old Birmingham Main Line for you to investigate at your leisure. Indeed, now that the canal collections are taking shape, WME Sandwell is becoming one of my better rounded local galleries thanks to its vaguely balanced diet of rail, bus, canal and local offerings.

As is customary at times like these, I should also mention update news from the other galleries. A casual glance at WME Dudley reveals two new additions to Dudley by Bus, with Stourbridge Bus Station once again hogging the limelight. Exploring Stafford has also been in action over at WME Staffordshire - I offer you two views of the 'Waiting to Bowl' sculpture at Victoria Park. WME Walsall gets an extra view of Pelsall Junction on the Wyrley & Essington Canal, and - shock horror! - I even bring tidings from WME Telford. Yes, the Wellington Station collection has a new station entrance photo - nothing too exciting but you can't have everything. With all this in mind, I'm off to see what'll come next, a bus or another laudable landmark. I just hope I don't have to wait too long...

No comments:

Post a Comment