Friday, May 2

Just ticking over...

With all this Dudley exploring I've been doing of late, updates to the WME galleries have been somewhat on the back burner. I have however made a few little additions that I'd quickly like to tell you about.

  • WME Birmingham: A nice view of the impressive Holliday Street aqueduct has been added to the Worcester & Birmingham Canal collection, along with a view of the renovated platform 1 at Moor Street Station.
  • WME Worcestershire: New photos here include a second train view at Redditch Station and a photo of one of the locks at Stourport Basin.
  • WME Staffordshire: Oh no, its another South Staffordshire village collection! Exploring Wombourne makes its bow with photos of the village hall and The Vine pub. I'm pleased that Wombourne is included on the gallery, although this doesn't do much to improve the balance of WME Staffs in terms of its countywide coverage.
  • WME Dudley: The standard Dudley fare really, as a couple of bus photos at Stourbridge join Dudley by Bus. I am pleased though as the routes concerned are the 248 and 287, both making their first appearances, plus the photos have the added bonus of providing some night-time variety to the collection.

After a quiet spell, any updates are always most welcome and these do the job nicely. I'm in the strange position of not really knowing where the site is heading at the moment - having concentrated on doing trips and raiding the old archive recently, I am hoping to push on into new material but I guess we'll just have to see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment