Friday, January 11

How Frustrating!!!

I hate January. I hate rain. And yes, I hate gales too. I seem to be going through a phase where whenever I have a day off and try to go exploring, a monsoon arrives and the trip becomes a washout. I suppose I should expect nothing less at this time of year, but I can't help finding it all incredibly annoying.

Anyway, I'll try looking on the bright side. I did do some good exploring today, well at least before the heavens opened. I ventured out into Staffordshire and landed up in Eccleshall, a fine little country town with some considerable charm and a generous selection of pubs. It was a shame that the rain set in the instant I stepped off the 432 bus, but I did manage a few photos before the downpours became torrential, mainly focusing on those pubs I mentioned - namely The George, The Bell and The Royal Oak. I suppose if you can get absolutely drenched, half frozen and have your camera playing up on you, and still come away liking a place then thats got to be a good sign - so Eccleshall, you might have escaped the full Paul treatment so far but I will be back.

Still on the topic of frustration, things have gone a little quiet on the old WME front this last week or so. I do have photos I want to move around, its just a case of getting round to actually shifting them - hopefully the first proper WME update of 2008 is just around the corner. Weather permitting that is!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:02 am

    Yes, I agree. I got off the 236 bus at Pensnett Trading Estate with just a suit on to attaend an interview and as soon as I got off the bus, the heavens opended. I had to walk a fair bit in the rain to get to the interview, and did any one at Pensnett Garage offer me a drink!!!!

    ReplyDelete