Thursday, October 26

Keeping those updates coming

Wednesday is usually my late start at work, so I try and use the morning wisely by doing some work on WME. Yesterday was no exception, and I managed to transfer another handful of photos from WME1 to their permanent homes

  • Starting as usual with WME Wolverhampton, and a new Exploring Castlecroft collection showing the Firs pub and a view of Castlecroft Road. Not my greatest ever photos, but they serve a purpose and look alright
  • Next up WME Birmingham, with just a single new photo this time as another train shot joins the new Sutton Coldfield station collection. It would be nice to include some photos of the station itself in the collection, and not just the trains I've placed in there so far - sounds like another little project to work on!
  • Next is WME Coventry where I'm actually down to the bare bones in terms of test photos I could include. I have added a photo of the No. 7 bus on Broadgate, which leaves me with only 9 photos in Covtest so I don't envisage much further update action on the Coventry front for the foreseeable future
  • And finally, WME Staffordshire and an Exploring Codsall collection featuring the Crown pub and Charles Wheeler's sculpture 'The Lone Singer'. Its always good to add in new exploring collections showing shops, pubs and local landmarks, but the places covered on WME Staffordshire have so far tended to be villages such as Codsall and Kinver, and I'd quite like to include more of the county's major towns in there as well.

Overall then, a small update but a useful step in the right direction nonetheless. WME1 is now down to 402 photos - I might break through the 400 barrier soon, although 350 test photos still seems a long way off. In the best WME traditions, things are taking ages to sort out, but judging by the way the galleries are fleshing out, I think it is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment