Monday, January 5

Fotopic Problems

I had hoped to start my 2009 postings on a positive note, but due to issues outside of my control, the West Midlands Exploration galleries are currently unavailable. The site is hosted by fotopic.net and it appears the entire fotopic system has gone offline. Whether this is a temporary glitch or something more permanent remains to be seen, but I must admit it doesn't look great at the moment. Hopefully the site will reappear shortly, and I will try and keep you informed as best I can. Its all very frustrating, especially as I had a few updates in mind to kickstart the New Year. I apologise to any of you who may be missing the galleries, and will investigate possible alternatives to fotopic just in case, so feel free to offer your suggestions.

UPDATE: Fotopic appears to have resurrected itself, so the WME galleries are now available again. The outage was apparently caused by a technical fault, although I am still awaiting further news about the ongoing security of the fotopic system. I shall probably leave off with any updates for at least another week just to make sure everything has settled down again beforehand. I would also like to thank those who left comments warning me that WME wasn't available and then informing me that fotopic was back.

No comments:

Post a Comment