Saturday, November 25

It's all gone quiet again

Yes, I must admit that work on WME has come to a bit of a standstill really. I go through these phases from time to time - one week I knuckle down and sort out some updates, the next week I just can't be bothered.

The enthusiasm for the site has dried up a little for the time being. I look at WME1 and I don't see many photos that I am happy enough with to shift them onto a local gallery. Its also been a bit of a struggle finding new photos for the site - I'm on another archive trawl and I'm reaching the point where I'm going over the same old photos over and over again. Ideally I want to get stuck in to some of my latest photos, but I want to make sure the old stuff is done properly as well. Turns out I do neither...

Thought I'd lighten the mood a little by keeping up with England's progress in the Ashes, what a bad idea that turned out to be. Three days in, we're over 600 behind with the worrying cocktail that our bowlers can't buy a wicket and the batsmen can't be bothered to stick it out at the crease. A long hard series in prospect, but at least Ian Bell showed some guts...

So with the cricket going so badly, my thoughts turn to football and Wolverhampton Wanderers, my team. Useful draw with Sunderland last night, should have won I guess. Overall, I think Mick McCarthy is doing a good job, he's certainly brought some pride back after Glenn Hoddle. He's also managing to unearth a few players rather than bringing in Premiership has-beens, I'm intrigued to see how this McIndoe does, hopefully he can get some goals. Goals are Wolves' problem really, they can't score enough to put the opposition away, Sunderland last night being a good example. After an excellent start to the season, things are levelling out a bit with a rash of away defeats and a slide back into mid-table. Obscurity beckons, which might not be a bad thing, give us time to consolidate and build a team for the long term.

Ok, I admit I had to write about something given the lack of WME stuff to waffle upon, hence the digression into the world of sport. As a solitary step forward though, and by way of apology, I have managed to squeak out the tiniest of updates, with another train photo joining the Wolverhampton Station collection on WME Wolverhampton. The photo itself is hardly exciting, but it does take WME Wolves to the 150 photos landmark(!!!) at long last, hurrah! And on that positive note, I shall draw this post to a close and get back to searching for a silver lining amongst the cricketing carnage. Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment