Saturday, September 16

A few thoughts on WME1

As well as telling you about my latest updates (see previous post) I thought I'd fill you in on whats going on with WME1...

Over the past few months I have been concentrating on ploughing back through my earlier archive, extracting additional photos that I could use to bulk up the local WME galleries before I plunge headlong into my more recent photography. Well, this process is almost at an end as I have now reached my April 2005 photos, marking the point where I cross from the early archive into the newer stuff.

Looking back, the recent focus on the archive has been really successful. I've managed to unearth some photos I am delighted with, and the galleries now paint a more complete picture of the West Midlands thanks to the photos I have now been able to include.

All that remains is for me to do a bit more tidying up. There are still some photos that I need to transfer onto their respective local WMEs, plus a few I'll have to tinker with some more before I'm totally satisfied that they can be included. Once this is done, I can start working away on the newer stuff safe in the knowledge that the older layers have been properly dealt with.

The focus on the older archive has meant that certain parts of WME1 have suffered, notably the Rog Files. Very few of the photos from our 2006 outings have made their way online yet, although by way of compensation I have today added one tasty morsel from our most recent Bridgnorth outing. Starring none other than Mr Mark Wood himself, having coat problems in The Golden Lion - an instant Rog Files classic methinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment