Saturday, May 27

WME Solihull is Go!!!

West Midlands Exploration has a new member of the family! Yes, WME Solihull has now launched and is now ready to showcase the local area and its transport network.

Sorting out the new gallery wasn't as tricky as I was expecting - I just had to set the shell up, then transfer the relevant photos and collections across from WME Birmingham, nothing too complicated as it turned out. The new gallery has given me a chance to try out another of Fotopic's gallery skins - called 'white on black', it does what it says on the tin and I actually rather like it.

There are 7 collections in all - including new splinter collections Solihull by Bus and Stops & Stations branching off their WME Birmingham counterparts. Not too much variety yet - the bus collections concentrate on Shirley and Solihull, the rail collections are four familiar stations and there is only one local area section, Exploring Marston Green. I'll need to do some more Solihull area outings before Marston Green gets some company, as I don't think there are many more areas of Solihull waiting to be extracted from my existing archive.

Anyway, a start is still a start and you can visit the new gallery at http://wme8.fotopic.net

No comments:

Post a Comment