Sunday, June 3

WME Flickr Focus: May 2012

What's all this then? Another month gone, and as things gather pace for an epic summer of Jubilee and Olympics, permit me a moment of reflection as I glance back over May's contribution to the WME Flickr Photostream...

This shouldn't actually take that long because there isn't much to report anyway. The only part of my archive to receive any kind of attention was WME Solihull, where 39 arrivals slotted into position to firm up the initial 11 photos I'd provided in January and April. Returning to the fold then are Castle Bromwich (the Coach & Horses, Parish Church, local library and war memorial), Marston Green (another library), Kingshurst (views of the River Cole and Babbs Mill Nature Reserve) and Knowle (the park, the village hall, the Red Lion and a pretty shot of the Church). There have been bus-related additions courtesy of Shirley Station's bus stop and routes such as the 26 at Kingshurst and the A6 at Damsonwood, whilst the railways have muscled in with offerings from Dorridge and Solihull Stations - rumour has it there are train shots, back entrances, front entrances, station car parks and even the occasional sighting of a traditional footbridge!

Everywhere else fell mysteriously quiet but the Solihull progress at least means that all the core West Midlands boroughs now have some sort of solid coverage plucked out of my archive. The running totals are as follows; Wolverhampton 366, Walsall 171, Birmingham 237, Dudley 174, Sandwell 106, Coventry 51 and Solihull 50 - a grand tally of 1155 pictures so I am getting there. I will still be winkling out what I can to showcase the immediate West Midlands area but from now on my focus will also be shifting slightly further afield as I re-introduce my representatives from Staffordshire, Worcestershire, Telford and so forth. I just hope it doesn't take me 60 years before everything is properly as it should be!

No comments:

Post a Comment