Thursday, October 6

WME Flickr Focus: September 2011

My monthly reflections are an indication of the passing of another year and as we tumble into autumn it's time to look back and see what happened on WME in September...

Perhaps I should have mentioned August too being as my last digest was for July, but the bare fact is that absolutely nothing happened at all in August, the site put distinctly on the back burner whilst I enjoyed a brace of Yorkshire breaks. September it is then as I picked up the reins with a few scattered updates that eventually amounted to 43 additions to bring my running total for my photostream to 562 pictures.

Having mainly concentrated on Wolverhampton and Walsall thus far, it was now the turn of Birmingham to get most of my attention. Of those 43 additions, 36 had a Brum connection as some of my local and railway sets began to take shape again. Amongst the influx were representatives of Weoley Castle (the market hall), West Heath (the shed-like library), Old Oscott (the Kingfisher pub) and Hall Green (the Maggies). Rail was restored with offerings from Spring Road and Kings Norton Stations whilst some Tame Valley shots made for a canal contribution and the 104 route at Sutton Coldfield was returned to it's rightful position as one of my seminal early bus pictures.

Away from Birmingham it was Dudley that made up the rest of September's numbers, an initial 7 photos being released back into the public glare. This is very much a token effort so far but there are showings for Woodsetton and Wollaston alongside one of my regular Lower Gornal Post Office examples and a snap of the old 544 at Coseley. It goes without saying that there is an enormous amount of work still to do to get the photostream where I want it to be, and that's even before I can think about adding some new stuff that never appeared on the old Fotopic. I am currently uploading what I can salvage of my previous WME Sandwell photos as a background task, and I hope to be resurrecting more Birmingham and Dudley content over the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment