Saturday, June 4

WME Flickr Focus: May 2011

The battle to re-establish West Midlands Exploration in its new home continues thanks to a month of steady accumulation. If April provided the first rush of housewarming furniture, May has seen me settle further into my Flickr abode with more of the nicknacks and ornaments slotting into place...

Much of May's impetus came courtesy of my Walsall collection as 68 pictures found their way back online. These photos have tended to have a nice spread rather than be particularly concentrated, hence buses, canals and train stations have made appearances alongside representatives from a range of local areas. Added to April's offerings and Walsall now stands at 26 sets displaying a total of 102 photos, meaning I'm well on the way to resurrecting the 208 that were on the old Fotopic.

Wolverhampton has continued to tick over after April's initial burst of energy. Another 38 shots here give me a running total of 226 and some of the sets are coming along nicely - the likes of Heath Town, Northwood Park, Whitmore Reans and Tettenhall have all made a strong early impression. There is still work to do to reach the 435 mark, and I have been relying on some of my earliest digital photos to make inroads thus far, meaning the quality of some of the images is quite grainy in places.

In my last Flickr Focus I mentioned that I had started uploading my Birmingham photos. Well that process has continued throughout May and a sizeable chunk of the Brum archive I had on Fotopic has been recovered. I've even managed to squeak a couple of bus shots through onto my public photostream so some 7s at Perry Common and the 11C at Harborne are now available again for you to view. I've also placed a direct link to the new Birmingham collection on the blog, but please don't expect to see too much appearing in there just yet.

So what's the plan heading into June then? Well I hope to release more of my Wolverhampton and Walsall photos with possibly a few Birmingham ones as well. Behind the scenes I need to upload my Birmingham railway shots and I might even start work on getting some movement with Dudley and Sandwell. In the meantime I hope you enjoy my photostream as it continues to evolve and I aim to be back with more news soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment