Tuesday, May 24

Writer's Block

Scrambling in vain for a delicious turn of phrase -
Stuck.
What is that word that I just can't think of?
I'm sure it begin with a 'p'
...but all I can think of is pomegranate.
A ruddy relentless pomegranate lodged in my brain
And it definitely isn't one of those,
I'd rather have a plum or a 'pamplemousse'
but I digress.

For a nanosecond it was there on the tip of my tongue,
That word - teasing, torturing,
A fleeting flash then fickle frustrations
Annoying!

It'll come to me at four o'clock in the morning,
This answer to the perplexing puzzle of 'p'.
Only it's bound to be an anticlimax -
A quick 'of course' and forgotten again by morning.
The cogs turn, the brain flickers,
Ah there it is: the word, the phrase...

What a...
PALAVER

It sure was!

No comments:

Post a Comment