Saturday, March 19

An Unwanted Vanishing Act

I'm extremely annoyed to report that the West Midlands Exploration galleries are currently unavailable due to the apparent disappearance of the entire Fotopic service where the site has been hosted over the last six years. I noticed that the galleries had vanished well over a week ago but initially hoped that this might be a temporary glitch. Sadly there still hasn't been any news whatsoever and with every passing day it looks increasingly unlikely that anything will resurface.

Whilst all my photos are backed up safely enough to start again if necessary, it is frustrating to think that my various commentaries and correspondances might have gone completely. The issues are affecting all Fotopic galleries so it's not just WME, and I must admit I've lost a lot of faith in the company given that there have been no explanations forthcoming thus far. I am therefore currently investigating other options for maintaining a web presence, including having a little play around on Flickr, so it might be that I set myself up with a new base in the not too distant future. In the meantime I shall leave all my blog links intact just in case better news arrives, and I apologise to any of you who were hoping to view the existing photos. Hopefully WME will be back in some form or another before too long...

No comments:

Post a Comment