Monday, March 31

Don't Give Up The Day Job!

Just a brief note now to report back on a little Rog adventure last Saturday, during which we added to our collection of local Black Country pubs and I even set foot behind the bar!

After a morning spent lurking around Stourbridge, we headed up to Amblecote and found ourselves in The Swan on Brettell Lane. Its the kind of pub I really enjoy visiting, a traditional local providing a nice afternoon pint of Snake Oil and an escape from the rain. Unfortunately I wasn't able to escape Metallica on the jukebox, but I did get my own back with a blast of Adam Faith - Rog still hasn't quite recovered!

It was raining even more when we left The Swan, so we decided to go a few doors up the road to try out the Starving Rascal. Again it was quiet, and we could enjoy watching the cycling and sampling some Old Speckled Hen - I think I'm developing a taste for beer after a few years on the cider. Our exploits continued in the newly re-opened Bell back in Stourbridge, where for a fleeting moment I found myself behind the bar grappling with one of the pumps as Rog narrowly avoided hysterics whilst taking a photo as evidence. A very rare sighting indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment