Thursday, February 14

Proper Progress

St Valentine's Day has proved to be a day of significant progress here at WME, with the arrival of some intriguing new collections for some of the galleries...

Starting for once with WME Shropshire, and I've always thought that a WME gallery is never truly off and running until it has some bus photos on there. After a prolonged spell of brave resistance, WME Shropshire has finally conceded defeat, hence the arrival of the Shropshire by Bus collection. There are only two photos to start with, but I think they're good ones - a 702 at Ludlow, and a 437 at Bridgnorth where I remember dashing out of the pub to try and get the shot!

The other new collections all add useful local content to their home galleries. On WME Staffordshire we have Exploring Wheaton Aston, featuring photos taken earlier this month - it feels good to include some of my latest shots for a change instead of photos taken 18 months ago. Turning next to WME Walsall, where Willenhall finally gets some recognition. The town has been a place I've visited pretty regularly since childhood, but until today this wasn't reflected through my photos. Thus Exploring Willenhall features two starter photos, both of the Lock Museum and reflecting nicely the town's lock-making heritage. Finally for this little bulletin, we have an Exploring Cotteridge collection on WME Birmingham - Cotteridge is one of my old university haunts, with memories of exploring the Outer Circle bus and Kings Norton Station, so I'm pleased it too has now been represented, with photos of Cotteridge Park and a Station Road sign getting things moving.

Well, we're halfway through February now and I feel these new additions do represent real progress, providing new content and filling long-standing holes in the galleries. It sets the standard for future work on the site, so I now face the challenge of maintaining this with any forthcoming developments - hopefully I can meet this challenge and the galleries will go from strength to strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment