Tuesday, June 12

Slow Going

With technical difficulties continuing to hamper my opportunities to update WME, work on the website has effectively come to a standstill. I did manage to eke out a few more test photos, including some from my first Rail Rover Week back in 2006, but I'm not sure when the next batch will be dealt with.

There was however a brief flurry of updates last week - nothing too exciting really, but its a case of doing what I can when I can...
  • WME Wolverhampton got an addition to Exploring Spring Vale in the form of a photo of a sign at the local park.
  • There was a new Exploring Pattingham collection on WME Staffordshire that features a couple of rural views, fields and gates and so forth.
  • Two photos too for WME Warwickshire - a photo of the 9 at Nuneaton joins Warwickshire by Bus, with a view of Warwick Road Lock for the Stratford-upon-Avon Canal.
  • And finally, a Rail Rover 2006 addition to Exploration Extra as Platform 1 at Crewe Station takes pride of place alongside an existing photo of the station entrance.

So that's that, and its difficult to know where the next update is coming from. I might be able to juggle a few more things around, but there really isn't much scope in terms of releasing new photos whilst my home computer remains on the blink.

Progress is also slow on the exploration front as well. I've taken a few photos around Bilston recently whilst working across that way, and Dad and I enjoyed a lovely walk around Brewood last Saturday which culminated in a visit to The Bridge pub - I needed a drink after a six and a half mile walk in that heat! I'm hoping to get back into the swing of some full scale exploration in the near future, and maybe I'll get a chance to catch a bit of cricket as well.

Whilst I'm here, a couple of things have caught my eye recently. I'm pleased to report that Codsall Station now has a replacement footbridge that utilises as much of the original as could reasonably be salvaged - I'll have to get across for some photos when I get chance, although the photos I saw in the Express & Star looked promising. There's also intriguing news on the Wolverhampton Low Level Station front, whereby part of the redevelopment was due to open this week. I don't know how much of the station itself has remained intact, but it might also be worth me investigating.

I will try and keep you up to date with the latest news as regards the site, particularly if these computer issues look like dragging on indefinitely. Hopefully I'll have something more positive to report in the not-too-distant future...

No comments:

Post a Comment