Wednesday, May 28

300 for WME Wolverhampton

I promised you a WME landmark in my last post, and I'm pleased to report that the milestone has been duly delivered - and it's not just any old milestone either. WME Wolverhampton has just crashed through the 300 photo barrier, confirming the gallery's ongoing growth towards being a substantial body of photographs.

The additional photos that brought about the landmark included a photo of the play area at West Park, bringing back some childhood memories there, plus a new Exploring Lanesfield collection featuring the Methodist Church and the local playing fields. I feel that 300 photos on WME Wolves is quite an achievement, its taken me nearly three years to get there and now I have to push on towards 350 whilst building up the other galleries too.

To that end, there is some other news to report. Following on from the arrival of New Invention last week, WME Walsall is now home to an Exploring Aldridge collection. Its good to see Aldridge getting some attention thanks to photos of St Mary's Church and the local library. The local flavour continues too with WME Worcestershire, where the inclusion of an Exploring Clent collection has been supplemented with additions to Exploring Hagley. I'm the first to admit that WME Worcestershire was woefully short of local photos, so this goes some way towards addressing that particular issue. Of the new content, I think my shot of the Bell & Cross pub in Clent is my favourite - Rog and I will have to investigate the pub more closely I'm sure.

May has been a very quiet month in terms of new explorations, as thanks to dodgy weather and other commitments I haven't as yet done the big outing I always aim for. Instead I've had to make do with a couple of lunchtime efforts, starting with a nice walk across Sedgley Beacon for photos of the Beacon Hotel and the White Lion, which was followed last week with a look around East Park and Deansfield. May is rapidly disappearing, and with the weather showing little sign of improvement, it seems unlikely I'll be able to add to those mini-adventures. Consolation has been provided by progress with the galleries, so enjoy the updates and I'll let you know of any further developments.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:40 pm

    It is a nice shot of the Bell & Cross at Holy Cross, Clent, and may I just add that the inside is even nicer - I have been in that public house many a times when riding the bike around Clent, and stopping off for a well deserved drink.
    Rather than the pubs of nowadays where they are rolled into one massive room, the Bell and Cross is a nice cosy pub with two small rooms and in the winter there is even a chance to get warm when the open fire is burning.

    ReplyDelete